Monday, June 20, 2005

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a moonday tomorrow...

At this point, the addiction is so bad that I am feeling lost because tomorrow is a moonday, and I have nowhere to practice Ashtanga, and moreover, I am not even supposed to practice ashtanga....sigh.....

Things are going well at the Ashtanga Yoga Shala on 8th Street. I am really really really making progress in Marichi C, getting closer to being able to do it on my own. What about all those people who get it the first time? How boring! Marichi D is another story - it's like an intermittent thing. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not so much. But Mark gave me Bujapidasana, and I am doing pretty well with it. It's not the pose that presents any problems, it is the transition out of it. I am find with that because at this point, Kurmasana is pretty easy for me, so I would rather stay for a while in Bujapidasana and just keep opening things up. I can always come home and get myself into Kurmasana. It is the transitions that present the issues. And it is the transitions that will really help me grow in my practice.

Of course, other things that help me grow are learning patience, learning not to be goal-oriented but mindful of my intentions and true to those intentions, learning to conserve energy by eliminating chaos and extraneous movements, etc. Each day, I get a little bit deeper in Warrior I. Each day I get a little deeper in Uttita Parsva Konasana. It is a wonderful journey!

But tomorrow is moonday........................................:( So, I will have to deal. It is Solstice. Should I do 108 Sun Salutations to celebrate?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!