The new program continues:
Second Series with Richard today. Tomorrow Primary. Tuesday 1/2 and 1/2. Wednesday Bikram or a Kundalini DVD, depending on my mood, and largely depending on how cold it is (the colder it is, the more I want Bikram, and vice versa). Thursday 1/2 and 1/2 with Val. Friday, Primary.
When I say Primary, I should note that I always include Pasasana, usually after Mari D.
And whenever I am practicing at home, I always include the Samakonasana and Hanumanasana cycle that Tim Miller taught us at the workshop. It really really helps me. Someday, perhaps, I will get rid of it, when I am more open in the hip flexors. But that could be a very very very long time from now. And even as I write this, I think, perhaps I wouldn't want to get rid of two really awesome poses that I won't ever have as part of any "series" (because lord knows, I am never going to practice up to Samakonasana in any Ashtanga series, unless at some point they add it into Primary or Second Series).
And I usually warm my spine up with some Kundalini "stomach grinds" and "camel rides".
Oh, and I have taken to hanging over my bed with weights in my hands too as a pre-yoga warmup.
I am definitely going way off the page here. And I am LOVING it. It's still Ashtanga, but I'm coloring WAY outside the lines.
ALSO, I have made a promise to myself to walk every day, minimum of 30 minutes. I have so much time on my hands. It is insane not to be outside in the fresh air for some of it. When I lived in the city, I used to walk Lewis-the-Bagle three times a day, so I think I can handle adding a little nature-walking to my life. Until summer, when the gardening kicks in again.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
The new program continues:
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- In honor of my day off yesterday, full practice to...
- Doggie-gate 2008: Straight from the Mutt's Mouth.....
- How to Hang Over The Bed Using Weights
- Kapotasana...Now, with TWO feet!!
- My Right Foot
- I'm going to grad school!!!
- Really nice kapotasana today
- Coloring outside the lines
- Thank you Kundalini.
- I HATE Grey's Anatomy
- Money-rexia: Do you know anyone with this disorder...
- Me and Richard Freeman
- New and Improved Election 2008! Now, with more se...
- The Bill Clinton Omen (?), the Worst Movie EVER an...
- ▼ November (15)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)