You know that next pose I've been grumpily waiting for as of late? You know, Parsva Dhanurasana? The one where you lie on your belly, grab your ankles, turn yourself into an upside-down parachute (as my kids say) and then tip over onto your side? Yeah, well, I got it today.
See? I know when I am due a new pose. I get all irritated that I don't have it yet. That's when I know it's time. I seriously have never gotten that way when I am deep in the midst of learning how to do a pose. Like, for the entire 15 months I was stuck in Supta Kurmasana, all you ever heard from me about it was, "When am I going to ever bind in this pose?" You never heard, "When am I going to get Garba Pindasana?" Until I bound in Supta K reliably.
That's when the whining commenced.
I assume I will be whining very soon about Ustrasana and Laghu Vaj because Parsva D was like cake for me. I've been doing it for a long time - Greg taught it to me last summer.
Anyway, that's all for now.
Later, I'll be talking about how (if I have the cojones), I am going to start teaching again. Here. in Westchester. On Banksville Road, in Armonk.....(Not my house, no! As I said, I don't even live in Armonk, even though I park like I do)...
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- Dear Retard:
- Oosh be? Or not oosh be? That, is the question.
- I have an 11 year old!
- Oh...so that is why it's called Setu BHANDASANA
- OOsh TRA sahna
- pada bhanda
- Off my chest
- Come practice with me in NYC!
- Pasasana problems
- R&D for Backbends, the Housewife with a Hardware S...
- Backbend today
- Lost is the new Twin Peaks
- Kinda loving the backbends
- No Whine Before It's Time
- An unexpected detour
- Kapotasana today
- Bit by bit by bit by bit
- The fight of his life
- Living in the material world, material, oh oh oh
- Closer to Spiritual....Bitches.
- New Leaf
- I've decided that I don't need to get a life after...
- How to be enlightened in $45 or less
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)