Friday, March 14, 2008

Lost is the new Twin Peaks

I think I've had it with Lost. It's like one of those relationships where things are shaky, and then they seem to get better for a while, and then - BLAM - it all falls apart.

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

I really don't care that Michael is Ben's "man" on the boat. Obviously, Ben can't be trusted. Michael can't be trusted. Michael always would do whatever it took to get Walt to safety, including killing Ana Lucia and Libby, and there is no reason this trend would not continue. Thus, it's pretty useless, and thus, uninteresting, to have Michael, um, excuse me, Kevin Johnson, working for Ben. It's not going to do the Losties one bit of good.

But here's where Lost really finally lost me: Charles Widmore vs. Ben Linus = Losties not being rescued except at great personal sacrifice. WHAT? I'd sooner believe in a smoke monster, in Richard not aging, in black horses appearing in the jungle along with Walt, than believe that with two such powerful people with contacts on the "outside", that the survivors of Flight 815 can't get back to said outside. I mean, how does Charles Widmore's plan, whatever the hell is motivating it, mean that he can't also rescue the Losties by bringing them home on the Freighter? In fact, since he hates Ben Linus and wishes to destroy him, wouldn't proving that the Fake Flight 815 Wreckage was, in fact, fake, and set up by Ben, help Widmore to disarm Ben?

And ultimately, the problem is, even if that line of reasoning were to be proven wrong, and I am sure it will be, it will be so unbelievable that the suspension of disbelief will no longer be possible. Again, the science fictiony stuff is fine with me. Suspension of disbelief intact. But ya start to bring in international espionage and double and triple crossing and secret pacts, and I'm falling asleep on the sofa.

Notwithstanding my sad parting of the ways with my formerly favorite television show, practice today was delicious. DE-LIC-I-OUS. BEST. DROPBACKS. EVER. EVER. EVER.

YC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

History of YOGA

http://start-the-yoga.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

I'm with you... I miss the days of them scrounging around on the beach. I am almost ready to stop watching "Lost" entirely, which amazes me. The whole Widmore vs. Linus thing just does not interest me, nor does the fact that somehow this show has turned into 24.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!