Yesterday the gardener blew all the fallen leaves off of the lawn and into the woods alongside my yard. It was a beautiful sight to behold. Gone was the parched grass of the mid summer, the browned and bare patches that had been burnt by the sun and eaten in secret binges by the four-legged residents who come out only at night. What remained was a velvet blanket of deep, jade green. When the sun went down, and the nearly full moon rose in the sky, the colors of fall were gone, but the pristine landscape remained.
I just returned to my house after a nice, long yoga practice to discover that the grounds are literally covered, not just sprinkled with, but covered, with yellow and orange leaves. Maybe I'm naive, or just new to this country lifestyle. Maybe my gardener is laughingly counting his money today. And maybe I miss the way the grass looked yesterday, suspended for a moment in pure, bright green. But I'm glad that I took the time to enjoy it. And I have to say that what I see today here is beautiful as well. Different. But beautiful just the same.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- The ultimate in poetic justice...NSFW!!!
- Swan Pose and Pasasana
- Swan Pose
- Backbends suck.
- I Fought the Law ....and LAU won!!!
- A Laghu like this
- Pat Metheny Trio
- Lazy Moonday
- It's Feel Your Boobies Month!
- Deeply criminal
- Pincha My Asana
- Too much pitta? Or is it just hot in here?
- Rescue me?
- Another day, another round of backbending
- Why work is boring nowadays
- The luxury of a nap
- Strap on
- They have some nerve.
- I have a blog war hangover
- It works
- Lucky for youze all, my camera's batteries are dea...
- OK, so, here I am at the wall. It's really sad.
- Not that there's anything wrong with that
- I'm not talking about out-laws
- For Vanessa, not my sister, the other one...
- 10 Seconds to Yoga Nidrasana
- Revamping...but for what?
- I got Bakasana! (that's crow pose for you non-Kew...
- Catch and Release
- Yeah, well, i think I'ma gone smoke mahself a doob...
- Day from HELL. But I got Pasasana.
- ▼ October (34)
- ► 2006 (504)