Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Got

Today was delightful on so many levels, not the least of which was the acquisition of this beautiful China Cabinet for the dining room of the new casa. I have never had a China Cabinet before - there was never room in my dining room, so I have always had to be creative about where to store my china - the bone stuff from Limoge, not the day to day bistroware from Willams-Sonoma. My serving dishes have always been on shelves I am too short to reach, and I've been using a giant salad serving bowl as a place to store coasters. All of my barware and crystal fills with dust because it's out on open shelves.

I've been eyeing this cabinet for a while, as it's on diplay in a little store in the East Village that specializes in Asian and Indian reproductions. This week, it went on MAJOR sale. Apparently, not many people who shop at this particular store have the room for a China Cabinet. That' good news for me. Today, after practice (which went delightfully, first day of dropbacks and all), and then teaching (which also went delightfully, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that the Husband was one of my students!!! He read my blog....), the Husband and I went over to the little store and haggled a bit and GOT the China Cabinet.

Later we went to the car dealership to check out colors, interiors and add-ons for our new second car. We're a suburban family now, or almost. So two cars will be needed - one for the Husband to take to the train station, and one for me to drive. No purchases were made, however, as we have a pair of longtime friends who own three car dealerships up in Connecticut, and we will be doing all of our car purchasing from them. I felt kind of bad knowing that I was wasting the car salesman's time, and I felt even worse taking his business card with his cell phone number. I thought about telling him we weren't buying from him, but then I realized that this sort of thing happens all the time, and it's just part of his day. Unfortunately.

Then it was off to buy a young coconut.

Did I mention how excited I am to finally have a place to store my china, glassware and serving platters?

Good lord, do I sound like a cliche. Next, I'll be singing the praises of the Magic Eraser sponge from Mister Clean. Oh, wait, I've already done that. I'm friggin Laura Petrie. Actually, no, I'm Lucy Ricardo because of all the "Luuuuuuuuuuuuucy!!!!!! You got some SPLAININ' to do....", not to mention the red hair and the constant quest to get "in the show". If only the Husband had a show for me to steal into. As it stands, the comparable "stealing into" I can do is to go get a job at his law firm as a paralegal. Or a lawyer, except I so would never want to do that ever again. And anyway, I just saw that on a rerun of Desperate Houswives the other night, where Tom interviews at Lynette's ad agency on the sly.

So apparently, I have nothing original to say today at all.

Sometimes that's a good thing though.

YC

1 comment:

eeyore said...

i thought i left one already.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!