Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I guess I just can't say no


Well, not when I drive 35 minutes only to find that it's a New Moon. The CT Shala is open on moon days, so I practiced anyway, figuring out it was a moon day only because there were just six other people there.

Nice practice. Pasasana is really coming along. Backbending is still filled with dread. But whatever. That's not news. You can just subsitute backbends for Supta Kurmasana and read all my posts from last year to reminisce.

So, what is new today? I discovered a fantastic radio station that's always been there. Only I never knew it. It's WFUV, out of Fordham University in the Bronx and Westchester. It's like all the music I love, except it's not the singles, it's tunes from the albums. It's a public radio station, so they can do what they like. And me likey.

I discovered a couple of cool tunes and downloaded them right away:

Late Morning Lullaby by Brandi Carlisle
Sleeps with Butterflies by Tori Amos
Johnny Cool Man by Toots and the Maytals
Lovesong of the Buzzard by Iron and Wine

Now I have to go find "I'm Too Sexy" because my younger boy asked me for it for his shuffle (which was my shuffle at one time, you know, the old kind, the one that's like a pack of gum?)
Oh, and I also can't say "no" to Laksmi. So, here you go.

YC

6 comments:

Carl said...

I have "I'm Too Sexy." I'll upload it to my WoYoPracMo page and you can download it from there.

Anonymous said...

carl, can you dance to that and video it for us?
thanks for the photo lauren.

Carl said...

I'm too sexy for dancing. I'm too sexy for video cameras. I'm too sexy for this blog.

(check me out on My Blog though)

Yoga Chickie said...

Carl - I cannot find your WOPOMO page - can you get me a link? And what, are you turning into Laksmi with that HTML link?!

Laksmi, OY! Is that a silent condemnation I hear????

I'm crying over here.

Carl said...

Right here.

lgr said...

I am catching up on blogs days later and noone will pribaly read this, but...WFUV is a gret radio station! I've live in various cities over the years, and NYC does not have the best radio stations...Pittsburgh, Portland, Philly...all have better public and independent radio stations. BUT NUC has Fordhams FUV, and 88.3 is great, as well as QXR for classical, and Columbia's station, WKCR

When I go to Litchfield County on weekends, I listen to public radio, but there must be better stuff up there. ANy ideas of better radio in northern Westchester of NE CT?

Otherwise, I just listen to Manju chant over and over and over

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!