For those who don't know her, and for everyone else, please allow me to introduce you to my second-series-bending, voodoo-practicing, prolific-writing blog pal, Laksmi Vimilananda. That is not her real name. Her real name will not be revealed here, but I will this much: upon learning it, I was taken aback by its similarity to my own name, albeit, without any of the haymisha leanings.
Like many of us bloggers who have not earned book deals on the scale of the Washingtonienne and New York City Ho Who Shall Not Be Named of the Classical Drama Titled Blog, Laksmi first appeared on the blog scene quietly. But since then, she has developed a unique, fresh and witty voice, her blog appears to now have built some momentum. Originality can be sorely lacking in the Blog Zone. But Laksmi is anything but derivative.
Of course, upon reviewing her archives, none of this should come as any surprise. Her very first post invokes my blog, this very blog you are reading, as, in essence, the yoga blog that her blog will render obsolete until she sees fit to stop writing hers. When I read that, I thought it was a "tiny bit mean", as my younger son would say. But now, I no longer see it that way. I see it as the ultimate compliment that Laksmi came on the scene with YC in her mind as the force with which to be reckoned.
After a rocky start, fraught with miscommunications, Laksmi and I have settled into an engagingly bantering and mutually (I hope) respectful ifriendship. Or is that efriendship? In any event, I have taken to never linking to Laksmi, maybe because I don't want to share any of my reader, or maybe because I am just too lazy to link to anyone anymore because I mean, really, who cares. Technorati just sucks, so who cares how they rank us? Authority shmathority. Who needs it?
That said, I promised a link to the winners of the Caption This contest (see? I can't even be bothered to link to my own freakin' blog), which, like, NO ONE entered, except for Samasthithi, Carl and Laksmi. And maybe Boodi. I don't remember exactly and I can't even be bothered to check. And then, having decided that they were all winners, I am now beginning my linking campaign. Do they want the attention? I know Mrs. Laksmi does. Eh, who doesn't love a little attention?
Any publicity is good publicity, no? And the only thing worse than bad publicity is NO publicity. So....
Thank you Laksmi, for portraying me as Kundalini Barbie. In return, I shall portray you as Hard Rock Barbie. And thanks for keeping me on my blogging toes. If not for you, I might have just lost interest in the whole blogging thing by now.
Up next: Samahs-tit-teehee, followed by Carl.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- Me and The Husband
- Also, DILF and TOWGA
- More introductions, now with photos!
- Goth Fishing in America
- Laksmi is the West Coast, Shiksah, Backbendy Me
- It's a pitta thing.
- That's mah boy...
- You know you make me wanna....
- Good thing he was wearing his wife-beater
- what is it about trains?
- Backbending roadkill
- Caption This....
- Letters from Camp, part 2
- Letters From Camp, part 1
- Clearing away the tangled deadwood
- ClearBlue Pee-easy
- Beaten and blessed t-shirts, version 2007
- Just call me "Pose Ho"
- Only in hindsight
- You told me so
- I can't fall down for standing up
- Oh yeah,
- I guess I've been pretty much unplugged for the pa...
- I'm alive
- Yeah, no, not so enlightened today
- Am I Enlightened dot com
- Lost a little enlightenment today, but gained a fr...
- Notwithstanding the contract out on me,
- When greed fails, next try fear
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2006 (504)