Friday, March 27, 2009

First early morning practice since, I think, last summer...

Got up at 6:30 this morning, got the kids off to school, got into a hot hot bath and emerged a half hour later and got directly on the mat, still dripping wet. OK, I did put on shorts and a top first. But I was Surya Namaskar-ing by 8:45 a.m., and THAT is nothing short of miraculous.

Got finished with Full Primary through Kapotasana, three backbends and an abbreviated finishing sequence by 10:10 and then got myself to Stats Class....twenty minutes late. But how lucky am I? Teacher was just going over the exam, on which I scored a 96. So, I missed nothing that I needed to know. I am slightly annoyed that I lost two points for failing to write a "-" on a negative number that I was required to turn into an absolute value anyway. But whatever. And the other two points were lost when I failed to read through the following double negative properly: "A researcher who rejects the null hypothesis when it is actually true is making a _________ error." The answer was Type I, which means that the researcher found an effect where none existed. I wrote that. And then I crossed it out in favor of Type II, which means that the researcher failed to find an effect when there actually WAS one. TOOO many negatives. I KNOW what a Type I Error is, for goddsakes.

Eh. Who cares?

Now I am off and runnng again. Heading to run errands for the big Partay tonight in honor of Brian turning...12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can I have a 12-year old? I'm only 12 myself!

YC

2 comments:

hyla said...

yc

why statistics? psychology, perhaps?

Ritesh said...

Yoga is an art of discipline that was developed by an Indian Hindu named Patanjali. Retreat yoga about benefits of yoga exercises, yoga meditation, yoga practice.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.






Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!