It's a time-honored tradition for fireplace-deprived New York City dwellers to have free and constant (at least for three hours) access to a crackling, roaring fireplace blaze (that actually was filmed at Gracie Mansion in time for its debut on December 25, 1966) on Christmas. And so, directly from Boca, where the palm trees smell vaguely of pastrami on rye and where for many, Chinese food is the only sign that it's even Christmas at all, I give you: The Yule Log.
Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- Food for thought...
- Well, I still like skiing
- For Owl (OvO): Throwing down
- It happens anyway
- Superbad Lady
- The Traditional New York Yule Log
- Del Boca Vista: What a difference a little warmth ...
- I want to renovate my attic. Please chant for me....
- I had this dream
- Life is good.
- Pasasana road kill
- Idle Chatter
- Pet peeve of the day: idling
- Where Eyez At
- Riddle: Why did the Bikram Teacher cross the road...
- I'm so ashamed
- How to have a good practice
- I'm annoying. And so can you.
- Anyone else out there a December baby?
- Snow in December
- ▼ December (22)
- ► 2006 (504)