Sunday, December 02, 2007

Snow in December

Such a novel idea these days. And yet. So nice to be able to open my front door to a fluffy white playground for my kids.

Last night was a Martini Tasting at the Place of Worship. Much fun was had, and I commend the caterer for pouring very watered down drinks in very tiny portions. Well done. Seriously. I mean, how else would a bunch of relative non-drinkers (let's face it; my peeps are eaters, not drinkers, not that every single one of us fits the stereotype, but still, it's a fairly accurate assesment for many) be able to taste more than 10 different types of Martinis in one evening without falling over? My favorite, inexplicably, was the blueberry. I don't even like blueberries.

Thank you, caterer, for a non-hangover day. Practice was as usual. Actually, a bit better than usual because I started with this lovely backbending prep.

I'm starting to really need the pre-practice warmup. I think it's the cold. Someone asked me about practicing in a relatiely cold room (at home). I set the thermostat to 75 while practicing, and I barely break a sweat. It's not ideal. But it's worth it come summer, when it feels like I'm melting, but in a good way.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!