Well, so much for the best laid plans. All flights out of steamboat have been cancelled due to inclement weather, which means we have to fly out of denver. Trouble is, we can't get a flight until tuesday. Sigh.
At least we get another day or two of fresh powder (it snowed two feet last night and this morning). This morning we went dog-sledding while it snowed. Then Brian and I spent the afternoon skiing together. He introduced me to the vestibularly stimulating terrain park experience. And I prodded him to love the deep powder. Strangely enough, he prefers it packed.
Well, it's sunday mornings, and we would have been on our flight home right now but for the flight cancellation. One would think we would take advantage of our rotten luck and spend another day skiing. If it were up to me, we would. Unfortunately, we are instead looking for a flight out of steamboat so that we don't have to drive four hours to denver in order to get a flight home. So far, the entire day has been one long "please hold for the next available agent".
Oh, and we have to pay for two more nights at our condo, which everyone is bummed about. The kids are all chaotic, asking us to take them to a movie, to the candy store, to the hot springs. I say make the best of it. But no one else is really on board with that until we find a flight that doesn't entail a four hour drive southeast to Denver.
And so it goes.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- Things to do in Steamboat When You're Stranded
- Ego Trumping Vanity
- Oh, and a bit of news, HOT off the presses
- Howdy from Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Valentines Day Revisited
- High Fiving Myself
- Practice Yoga, with me
- The Mother of Invention
- It's Valentines Day?
- I'm an astrologer now
- Standing Series is HARD
- Standing Series is HARD
- Okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way......
- It's my birthday too, Lucy...
- The cynic's guide to social niceties
- Not in Portland - best best best Lost Episode EVER...
- Bad morning, good practice
- Garba Pindasana
- I can't believe Anna Nicole Smith is dead.
- What health clubs were before health clubs were gy...
- Still biting my nails, stil not playing violin,
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Me
- An awesomely bad practice
- Lewis Progress Report #2 - from the Animal Behavio...
- Pret a Porter?
- Lewis Progress Report - from the Animal Behavioris...
- "8 O'Clock Must Be Your Time"
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2006 (504)