Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Still biting my nails, stil not playing violin,

still haven't written a poem since 1987, still writing it all down, but practice was better today. Got the hands together in Supta K, and of course, the feet, since the feet go first now. Have I mentioned that concession that's been made by my teacher? I am very grateful.

It's still bitter cold here in NYC. But that didn't stop the True Yogis from coming to my class today. And by True Yogis, I mean the personal trainers of Focus Integrated Fitness. These kids ROCK yoga, and I don't think they even realize it. And I'm not talking about what they can do physically, which happens to be quite astonishing. What I'm talking about is the fact that nothing rattles them - not even when the practice room gets moved from the Vinyasa room to the Ashtanga room one week, the Ashtanga room to the Iyengar room the next. Not even when they have to wait fifteen minutes for class to begin because the Iyengar class went over its time slot. They just go with it. It's awesome.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!