I didn't want to.
But tomorrow is another day.
My yoga practice is quite bipolar. Some weeks are up up up all the time, and then suddenly, I crash.
Today, anyway, I had other priorities that could not include a trip into the city. Among those: I decided to put Lewis the Bagle on a new fitness program, which means that he has to go on a walk with me once a day, rain or shine. Getting out for that first walk, knowing it would be the first of many, many, many...that was tough. But, one day at a time, right?
Our walk was nice. I did it for him, not for me, so I let go of the annoyance of him stopping every fifteen seconds to pee.
Another thing: today the workmen were finishing the floor and moldings on our ground level, which contains my new....drumroll...yoga room! Wood floor, French doors through which you can see the side garden and the pond, and when I close those French doors, it's a cozy warm space after about five minutes with the space heater.
It's all still unpainted, and the bathroom fixtures need to be hooked up, but basically, it's good enough for me to take a trial run tomorrow. Believe me, if the weather was promising, I would be outside. But we are back to grey and gloomy again. Pfft.
And so, tomorrow, after a bright and early cup of coffee and a bit of yogurt, I will get the kids off to school, walk the dog and then do my yoga practice in my new yoga room...
Hold me to it. Please. I need accountability...
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- Second Series Today
- Practice Record
- The Fun in Fundamentalism
- Did it.
- Day Whatever
- I couldn't practice today...
- On the 8th day...
- Day 7!
- Day 6: The Husband ROCKS as an Ashtangi assist-er
- Yesterday was Day 4
- Amazing and Joyful Day 3 of the Solar Powered Chic...
- Day 2 of the Solar Powered Chickie
- Yoga Chickie: Now Using Solar Power
- Sri K. Pattabhi Jois 1915-2009
- Rock Star Yoga
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)