Sweat a little.
Not loving the temperature at the Upper East Side Icebox. The Good Doc fully denies that this perception of coldness that I have is the actual reality. Instead, it's "put your chin to your chest and fully exhale."
Also, I am no longer allowed to pick up my back heel in any standing poses, not even to get INTO the pose. This is not much of a problem, you would think, except in Parvritta Parsvakonasana - that twisted mofo of a standing pose which I can STILL barely get myself into, even now, even picking my back heel up and putting my back knee on the floor and cranking. Funny thing is, when I make the effort to get into the pose without the aforementioned cheat (which I had no idea was a cheat until now), it makes my back crack in a very satisfying manner. Who knew?
For all the other standing poses, it simply takes concentration and awareness to keep my back heel from picking up.
Funny that the Good Doc would see me as a Kapha when I am so the OPPOSITE of grounded. I can't even keep my feet from flying off the floor.
Friday, July 25, 2008
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- Pasasana is mine, the Return of Tzippy and Ric and...
- Disappointment of the day
- Best. Practice. Ever.
- How to Look, Sound and Act Just LIke a Real Live Y...
- stiffness is not in the mind
- Shake it up
- So, you think you're so yogic?
- As good as they get
- He's so articulate(d)!
- ...and the livin is easy...
- Life is good!
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)