Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oh yeah, and I practiced

and it was good. Yoga's like life, which is like a boxa choklits. You never know whatcher gunna git.

I woke up today feeling all tired and grumpy and burnt out and ready to just have my surgery and take my six weeks off. I didn't even kid myself about maybe going to the shala today. I just came home, put my feet up, drank my coffee, read a trashy magazine, caught "The Nine" on ABC's website (it's like Lost, only instead of being lost on an island, the characters in The Nine are lost in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; like Lost, it even has a Party of Five veteran, in this case, Scott Wolf) and then wrote about Lost. And that was my day up until it was time to pick Brian up to go to his tennis lesson.

Then somehow, I had the notion to practice. Not the urge, but the idea. And I did it. And I did it smoothly and efficiently, without stopping myself several times in between poses to sit and stare at nothing. Supta K was far better today - about four inches between the fingertips as I held my hand towel. That's not too bad for getting into it myself, is it?

Tomorrow is the Moonday, also known as "License to Not Practice and Not Feel Guilty About It."

YC

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Amen to that...

Do you still do bikram classes?

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!