Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oosh be? Or not oosh be? That, is the question.

Tomorrow, I am going into the city for Mysore with CH. I decided to do that instead of home practice because tomorrow is going to be such a busy day, what with Brian's birthday party and all, and it takes less time for me to take a train into Grand Central and walk to YS than to muddle through a home (read: undisciplined) practice. And the CT is out of the question for me on Sundays because it is led Primary, and I can't see why I would want to do that on a Sunday, let alone at 8 a.m. Also, I am really enjoying the train ride into the city. I love trains. It's like having my own really inexpensive chauffer. Plus, I can stretch and sit in lotus on the train. Can't do that when driving the back roads to Connecticut.

Anyway, I am kind of nervous to practice up to Oosh tomorrow. I know that I am going to have to keep my heels together in Setu B, and my entire foot together all through Parsva D. And that takes a LOT of effort. Then to do a pose that I have only done once before in a Mysore room....I don't want to hear, "Is that how Val told you to do it?" from across the room.

Except that I kind of....DO!

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!