Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hellowe from Stowe

Here we are in Stowe, Vermont, fresh from a six-hour drive from New York City.

The plan had been to head up here on the way to Mont Tremblant, spend some time lazing by the pool, have a little dinner and get a good night's sleep in anticipation of tomorrow's four-hour drive up through the rest of New England and up to Canada.

But somehow, by the time we got here, we found ourselves blessed with a renewed burst of energy....and so....without even bothering to check into the hotel first, we drove straight up to the Stowe Mountain Resort (where folks ski in the winter) and found ourselves on a three-hour hike up to "The Chin" (the highest point on Mansfield Mountain, which is the mountain that most people are referring to when they refer to skiing at Stowe).

Whew. We got a lot more than we bargained for. The park ranger guy at the foot of the trail told us it as an easy hike, maybe a mile or so. In reality, it's two miles each way up to the top, mainly on jagged rocks that often require the use of one's hands. And it was COLD up there. The air was thin, and my heart was pounding. But the view was insane:








And the kids were champs.



Truthfully, we were happy that it was a challenging trail, rather than a walk in the park, so to speak. I guess after six hours of sitting in a car, we needed to burn off some energy. And here I as thinking that it was going to be a rest day. At least from yoga, it was.

Tomorrow, I am hoping to practice, probably late afternoon, once we arrive at Mont Tremblant.

In the meantime, I need some shut-eye. Badly.

On other topics, I'd like to thank everyone who commented on the slightly insane body-image post from a couple of days ago. Your equanimity and your patience with regard to such a loaded topic is admirable and greatly appreciated...:)

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!