Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Updates

1. It wasn't an ordinary flat...someone slashed my tire. And by someone, I guess I have to assume it was the lovely lady I met this morning on East 7th Street. Guess it wasn't enough to guilt me out of $25.

2. Tonight's Interfaith Thanksgiving Service was amazing and beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. It started with a candlelit processional of all of the clergy from our synagogue plus clergy from a number of neighborhood churches. Then the achingly adorable "Mini Minyan Musicale" performed "Baruch Ata Adonai, Thank You God" and "The Rainbow Connection". There were short sermons by a Catholic priest, a Methodist minister, the Lord's Prayer, the singing of "We Gather Together" and "America the Beautiful" by the entire congregation, a blessing given in 12 different languages by 12 different people, including a nun, and finally, an incredible performance by the Young Men's division of the Young People's Chorus of New York City.

3. To answer a question posed by several commentators and emailers: I know that a lot of people know the identify of "Shala X"...but I bet a lot of people don't. Since I have been asked to be mindful of privacy issues, I figured I would be "safe" and just stop referring to it by name on this blog.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!